- We ship to the 48 contiguous United States. We do not ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or any other U.S. territories. We also do not ship to PO BOX, APO, DPO, or FPO.
- Shipping rates are calculated at checkout.
- Most orders are delivered within 5-7 business days.
- You will receive an email with tracking information once your order has shipped.
- We are not responsible for any lost or stolen packages confirmed to be delivered to the address entered for an order.
How do I change my delivery address? Please contact us. Requests need to be made within 24 hours of the order being placed as our fulfillment services immediately begin processing orders.
We accept all major credit cards and Paypal for orders. An order will be placed on hold until payment has been received. Once payment is cleared, the order will be released to process for shipment.
Commercial and Residential Shipping Addresses:
Commercial carriers will deliver the vast majority of our products to a residential shipping address. If you operate a business out of your home, you must still select "residential" during checkout because the carriers still consider your address residential.
Shipping to a Freight Forwarder: Please let us know the final destination address as some carriers will not deliver without the end destination address.
Damaged or Lost Packages
Item or packaging is damaged or missing, or if you have any doubt about possible damage, you MUST do the following:
- Note it clearly on the delivery receipt before signing
- Keep your copy of the delivery receipt
- Contact us within 1 business day
- Keep the damaged packing materials for inspection
- Take pictures of the damaged items and packaging
Though our warehouses give great attention to packaging every order for shipment, damage can occur in transit. In the case of damage, we must go to the carrier company to receive reimbursement for these damages. By signing the delivery receipt, you are taking responsibility and ownership for the shipment in the condition noted. If part or all of your shipment is damaged, and you did not note this in any way on the delivery receipt, we CANNOT guarantee any compensation for damages. Signing the delivery receipt without noting any damage means that you have received your shipment in acceptable condition.
There are rare occasions where our freight carriers may lose a shipment. In these situations, it’s our highest priority to find your items and we will work with the carrier to do so. Dock checks with the carrier take approximately 3-5 business days to complete. If your shipment is found, we will continue the delivery to your location. If it is deemed lost, we will work with you to provide a satisfactory resolution.
Duties and Taxes
Maxchef.com is a U.S.-based company, therefore duties and taxes will be assessed on any items shipping outside of the United States. Duties and taxes depend on the type of items being shipped, harmonized codes, and the discretion the customs agents have in evaluating these costs. The charge shown on our website’s shipping calculator will not show these fees.
If you do not have an elevated loading dock or forklift to unload your items from the truck, you will need a liftgate and must select this option at checkout. The "Common Carrier w/ Liftgate" option includes the fee for the liftgate. A higher fee may apply if a liftgate must be added after an order has shipped. If delivery is unable to be completed because a liftgate was not selected during checkout, a redelivery fee may apply in addition to a liftgate fee. In these situations, we will contact you via email regarding the appropriate fees and charge the card on file if necessary in order to avoid additional fees with the carrier.
Some items like large outdoor ice merchandisers or very long pizza prep tables may be too large or heavy for a lift gate and will require a truck-level loading dock.
Notice to Residential Customers
While Maxchef.com/Max-chef.com is designed specifically for those in the commercial food service industry, we will ship most items to residential customers. As a residential customer, please consider the following information when placing your order:
Commercial Refrigeration and Cooking Equipment:
- It is important to keep in mind that many of these items may not meet your consumer-level expectations if used in your home.
Commercial Cooking Equipment:
- Is designed for functionality and heavy use commercially, and may not meet your expectations in terms of aesthetics or ease-of-use.
- Is often much louder than a comparable non-commercial piece of equipment.
- Consumes much more power than consumer-style equipment
- Is not insulated as thoroughly as consumer-level equipment and generates much more heat. Many pieces of commercial equipment also require a ventilation hood system, and a fire-suppression system to adhere to local fire and building codes.
- Installed in a non-commercial setting would most likely void your homeowner's insurance and the equipment manufacturer's warranty.
The right is reserved to deny shipment for residential usage; if this occurs, you will be notified as soon as possible. If you have any question about the suitability of a particular piece of equipment you're considering for non-commercial use, please contact us right away.
Canceling/Modifying an Order
If you change your mind about an order, please contact us within as soon as possible for eligibility.
A restocking fee of 30% will be applied to all returns that are not due to a defect in the product. The restocking fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
We offer a 30-day return policy. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you can return it for a refund.
To return an item, please follow these steps:
- Contact us within 30 days of receiving your order to request a return.
- Ship the item back to us in its original condition, with all tags attached.
- Include a copy of your receipt or order confirmation with your return.
We will refund back to the original payment method upon receipt and inspection of the products within seven business days.
Any product returned to MaxChef without prior authorization from us will be considered an unauthorized return, and you will not receive refunds.
The customer is responsible for the cost of shipping their return. We recommend using a trackable shipping method so that you can track your return and ensure that it arrives safely.
The following items are not eligible for return:
- Gift cards
- Items that have been used or damaged
- Items that are not in their original condition
- Items that were on sale or special order
If you have any questions about shipping and returns, please contact us.